What is Zoho Cliq?
Zoho Cliq is the new Zoho Chat name which was rebranded in September 2017. The app has been given additional features to meet the needs of business and office users today. Whereas the previous app was restricted to traditional chat and messaging, Zoho Cliq now introduces a must-have for modern teams-voice and video features for more integrated communication and deeper collaboration.
Zoho Cliq allows you to have a direct chat and messaging in a chat room or channel with another user, or with multiple users/members. You can now have as many channels as you want simultaneously, all viewable from a single window. There is always the option to exchange files, but the biggest change is that you can now make audio or video calls right inside the site. Deployment has grown as it is not only a mobile app but also a desktop app for Mac, Windows and Ubuntu. Mobile apps are also available for Android and iOS
Overview of Zoho Cliq Benefits
No more “threading”
No worries about keeping up on important posts from long confusing streams of conversations. A “fork” feature lets you isolate posts from the entire channel and transform it into a direct private message for further conversation with the particular member.
Voice and video call
Right from your chat room or channel, you can do audio and video calls without needing additional or separate tools.
Not only does Cliq deeply integrate with all other Zoho business and productivity software, you can also enable conversations with other Zoho users with its multi-protocol support. This is on top of its ability to work with several leading external apps and services.
Cliq gets rid of attachments when sharing files with colleagues. All you have to do is just drag and drop a file into the chat window and send it across.
Cliq works with desktop computers via apps for Windows, Mac and Linux, as well as all other web-connected and mobile devices, giving you universal platform and device compatibility.
Zoho claims that Cliq will forever remain free with a host of functionalities including unlimited live video calling and a generous 100GB capacity file storage. The only other plan is a budget-friendly paid one with advanced functions.
Overview of Zoho Cliq Features
- Real-time chat & messaging
- Direct private chat
- Audio/video call
- Multiple channels
- Single window view of channels
- Daily tasks bots automation
- Slash commands
- File sharing
- Mobile device channel creation
- Mobile apps
- Multi-platform & device compatible
- Notification feeds
- Multi-protocol support
- SSL encryption
What Problems Will Zoho Cliq Solve?
- Cliq’s real time group video calling feature, you can schedule a meeting from just about anywhere, and collaborate in real time with up to 100 colleagues/ clients across the globe. What’s more, PrimeTime enables only 2 live speakers at a time, cutting out all the noise that may ensue in group calls.
- With ZIA (Zoho’s Intelligent Assistant), Cliq’s event scheduling bot, you can schedule events and meetings with ease. ZIA will send you automated event reminders and scheduling notifications, so you do not miss a meeting.
- Zoho Cliq provides a multi panel chat view where you can keep multiple chat tabs open at once. You do not have to switch between chat tabs as you work.